Steps to Install MQ 7.5 on Linux
1) Ensure that all the prerequisites are validated and checked before downloading and installing it
2) Recommended to create two partitions for the Installation and the Data filesystem ( ie /opt/mqm and /var/mqm)
3) Its Important to check/modify the kernal parameters for the Unix using the mqconfig.sh. I have created a Post for this . You can refer to the Link HERE
The current mqconfig.sh output before installation ( i have done the necessary changes in linux kernal parameters)
All are PASSED
NOTE: These values may differ based on large setup , load etc
4) Download the MQ setup from the Passport Advantage
5) I have saved the setup WS_MQ_LINUX_ON_X86_32B_V188.8.131.52.tar in /IBMSoftware/MQLinux_7.5
a) Create the mqm user and mqm groups using the Unix commands
NOTE : If you don’t accept the License and try to install the rpms you will receive the below error
Product cannot be installed until the license agreement has been accepted
You can simply run “ rpm -ivh *.rpm” from the folder where the MQsetup Tar was extracted . In my case its /IBMSoftware/MQLinux_7.5
a) “rpm -ivh *.rpm” will take care of the dependencies between the rpms .
Alternatively you could run individual rpms
[root@mercury MQLinux_7.5]# rpm -ivh MQSeriesServer-7.5.0-2.i386.rpm
NOTE: Running these rpms will create the user mqm and the group mqm with user mqm as it member if the users are not allready created
a) Use rpm -qi MQSeriesServer-7.5.0-2 to get more information on the specific package like versions , path of installation , license etc.
15 ) Validate the versions of MQ execute “dspmqver” as mqm user
16 ) You could create some test Queue Managers to validate the installation too ( i will write a separate post for the Queue Manager creation )
This is how we install the MQ on a Linux Server .